When you are not on the Wi-Fi range and want to share the USB internet connection with other mobile devices like tablets or smartphone, then you can try out MaryFi. Maryfi is the free Windows 7 software that turns a Windows 7 laptop into a router and share your Internet connection with other devices such as laptops, smartphones, gaming systems and others. Turning a laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot was never so easy. But using MaryFy, you can turns your PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot that others can easily connect to.
Once connected, other Wi-Fi enabled devices including laptops, smart phones, music players, and gaming systems can see and join your Maryfi hotspot just like any other Wi-Fi access point and are kept safe and secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption. You can share any type of connection – cable modem, a cell card and even another Wi-Fi network.
Some Maryfi features:
- Easy to use. With just few clicks you can get connected to the network.
- Easily share your network wirelessly. There is no need for extra devices like hardware, wire, plugs or chargers to connect.
- This software will also act as a repeater.
- Offline networking makes wireless sharing of folders and drives possible.
- Your network will be kept secured by password protected with the WPA2 Encryption standard.
Please note: Before downloading Maryfi, you need to download and install Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter from Microsoft’s website.