Your friend send you files and said that the files is virus free. But after you download your antivirus said that the files contain virus? What is this? Your friend’s anti virus said that the files is virus free but your anti virus didn’t said that. To solve the problem you need to scan the files with multiple anti virus program. Instead of installing multiple anti virus program on your computer, you can try free scan online with multiple anti virus
The famous one is VirusTotal
VirusTotal is a service developed by Hispasec Sistemas that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines and web analysis toolbars. Even the best antivirus product can still miss some malicious files, but the odds of a baddie sneaking by go way down when you get 40 different scans, as you do at VirusTotal
You can use VirusTotal in several ways:
- Upload your file on VirusTotal website and let the web scan for your file (Maximum file size: 20MB)
- Submit url that contain file you want to download
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject SCAN and filesize less then 20MB.
- Download and install VirusTotal Uploader which enables you to directly send files from your system using the context menu. Right-click on a file then click Send To -> VirusTotal.
- Use VTzilla add-on for Firefox or VTchromizer for Chrome web browser
Altough VirusTotal can’t scan a whole files and folder on your computer at once but this service actually is great free service. You can scan your files in any different way by multiple anti virus program by free.