You’ve installed new Windows operating system on your PC or laptop but you don’t find My Computer icon on your desktop. You try to to drag My Computer icon from Start Menu but you just get shortcut to My Computer not real My Computer icon. So how to show My Computer in desktop
Follow the step to show/remove My Computer icon on desktop.
- Right click on desktop and choose Properties
- On Display Properties click Desktop tab
- Click Customize Desktop button on the bottom and it will open Desktop Item
- Check items you want to show on Desktop Icon. Uncheck items that you don’t want to show. There are My Computer, My Documents, and My Network Places.
- Click OK and OK after finish.
- Now you can see My Computer icon on your desktop