Google has been added new feature on homepage. Now you can change white background with another image. This new feature is very funny and maybe useful for some people who don’t like simple and clean interface. But to active this feature you must login first to your Google Account.
You can choose image from Google public galerry, Picasa web photos or by uploading your own image or photo from your computer to appear as the background to your Google homepage. This feature is distinct from iGoogle, which allows you to further customize your Google homepage with personalized gadgets.
How to Change Google Background Image
- If you have Google Account then sign into your Google Account in the top right corner of the Google homepage. if you don’t have, please register
- Click Change background image in the bottom left corner of the Google homepage.
- Choose where to select your background image:
- From my computer: Select an image saved on your computer. Your image will be saved in a new unlisted album in your Picasa Web Albums. Your image must be at least 800 x 600 pixels and in one of the following formats: .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .gif, .psd (Photoshop), .png, .tga, and selected RAW formats.
- My Picasa Web photos: Select an image from your Picasa Web Albums.
- Public gallery: Select from public photos featured in Picasa Web Albums.
- Editor’s picks: Select from a set of Google recommended images.
- Once you’ve chosen your image, double click or click Select at the bottom of the window. Please wait for a moment before your new Google homepage background appears.
Unfortunatelly you can’t change background image with single click or in simple way. You must remove your background first then click Change background image again.
- The background image appear on homepage only not in the search result.
- For now it only work with browser
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 7.x (Windows XP, Windows Vista)
- Internet Explorer 8.x (Windows XP, Windows Vista)
- Firefox 3.x (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX)
- Safari 3 (Mac OSX)
- Safari 4 (Mac OSX)
Have a nice try!