Google Chrome has interesting feature which call Paste and Go. When you want to paste url on address bar, you will see option Paste and Go. Click this and the url will paste and automatic open the url. Unfortunately Firefox 3.6 doesn’t has the feature. You must manually click enter after paste url in address bar.
Don’t worry you can still enjoy the feature by adding Paste and Go extension into your Firefox.
Actually it’s not just Paste and Go url but also search function. You also can use keyboard to active this function.
Below all feature from Paste and Go 3 Firefox extension
You can Paste and Go by:
- Select “Paste and Go” on context menu of URL bar
- Press the “Paste and Go” button on the tool-bar
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Accel + Shift + V (default)
You can Paste and Search by:
- Select “Paste and Search” on context menu of Search bar
- Press the “Paste and Search” button on the tool-bar
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Accel + Shift + S (default)
- Middle click on engine button
- Middle click in the drop down menu of the search engines
- Hold Accel and Shift, repeatedly press S until the engines you wanted selected, then release Accel and Shif
Please share if you have any experience using this extension.