Windows will not delete files permanently when you delete them from recycle bin. The deleted files are only just marked as not being available, and the deleted file’s data disks space is set to be available again for new data. The advantage of this method is that you can recover the data back using data recovery software. The disadvantage, your data is not really erased so that it can be recover back by anyone who uses that computer. This applies when you sell your computer, give it to a friend or someone has stolen your computer. To permanently delete files from a Windows computer you can use a free file shredder software called Hard Wipe .
Hard wipe 2 is exelent program that can permanently deleted data files without can be recovered anymore by data recovery software. Hard wipe 2 can be used to permanently erase, or to “hard wipe”, data on disk and portable storage media (i.e. USB drives and memory card) to protect your computer from data recovered. The usage of this software is simple. You can use Hard Wipe from standalone application or use right-click context menus in Windows Explorer. You can set to shutdown your computer when wiping is complete.
- Easily wipe entire drives and portable devices.
- Right-click within Windows Explorer for Hardwipe commands.
- Supports all major data wiping schemes, including: GOST R 50739-95, DOD 5220.22-M, Schneier & Gutmann.
- Automatic computer shutdown when wiping is complete.
- Intelligent use of disk cache allows your computer to remain responsive during lengthy disk operations.