Beside Firefox 3.6 final version and 3.7 alpha version, Mozilla will develop next generation of Firefox. That is Firefox 4 which will offer fast, powerful, and empowering browser. Mozilla’s Mike Beltzner shared a presentation that reveals quite detailed plans for Firefox 4 to the Mozilla community HTML5 and CSS support are among the new features, as well as faster operation, a greater focus on security and stability, new developer tools and a lot of personalization options.
Mike Beltzner said that the primary goals for Firefox 4:
- Fast: making Firefox super-duper fast
- Powerful: enabling new open, standard Web technologies (HTML5 and beyond!),
- Empowering: putting users in full control of their browser, data, and Web experience.
Some new feature of Firefox 4:
- Less icon or minimal browser interface like on Google Chrome web browser.
- Fast on Loading program. This is the major problem from Firefox 1.xx – 3.xx
- Better Dialog
- Change dialog from pop-up windows and drop down alerts to simple dialog bubbles that drop down from the URL bar.
- Update software in the background while Firefox running, just like in Google Chrome.
For your information as Mike Beltzner said, the concept can be changed before Firefox 4 is finalized.